CHAMOMILE Essential Oil
Choose from two varieties of Chamomile Essential Oil in our collection.
German Chamomile essential oil has a calming aroma that helps create feelings of peace and patience, and it has been used in herbal remedies for thousands of years throughout ancient Egypt, Greece, and Rome. The essential oil is steam distilled from the flowers of the plant and features a slight apple taste, making it great for tossing into a salad dressing or adding to a fresh cup of tea.
Roman Chamomile has a sweet, herbaceous aroma with notes of bright apple. Its warmth and gentleness can help create a relaxing and calming atmosphere that can make a wonderful addition to children’s nurseries or play areas. Soothing to all types of skin, it’s often used in skin and hair products and even perfumes.
How to Use:
Topical: Apply 2–4 drops to desired area. Dilution not required except for the most sensitive skin. This oil can be applied neat or as part of massage to desired areas.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to one hour three times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health-care practitioner prior to use.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
- A wonderful oil to use in calming, especially helpful with relaxingchildren.
- Diffuse in the evening to create a calming aroma for a relaxing night.
- Add to bath water for a spa-like experience by creating a peaceful aroma..
- Add to daily face regimen to enhance the appearance of healthy-looking skin.
- Add 1- 2 drops to water as part of a comforting evening ritual.
- Add 1- 2 drops to a smoothie, shake or salad.
- Place a few drops in a hot tea to promote feelings of calmness and support.
- DIY air freshener: put 3-5 drops of essential oil onto 3-4 cotton balls and place them in a tiny bowl. You can place the bowls all around the house (perhaps behind the toilet or on the window sills) for a fresh-smelling home.
- DIY car freshener: select what shape you’d like, and cut out two pieces of felt and one piece of cardboard, and glue the felt to both sides of the cardboard. Put 3-6 drops of essential oil on each side, and refresh when needed.