Citronella oil is steam distilled from the leafy parts of the citronella plant, also known as Cymbopogon nardus. Thanks to its fresh, welcoming aroma, Citronella essential oil is a common element in perfumes and cosmetic products and is well known for its use in outdoor candles, sprays, lotions, and other camping and outdoor essentials. We all know the outdoor "burning scent" of Citronella!
As a relative of Lemongrass, Citronella has a slight citrus scent that provides a pleasant and inviting experience whenever it’s used. Its versatility makes it a great household product to add to your beauty routine or to refresh indoor and outdoor spaces. It is available in a 15ml bottle.
Citronella Essential Oil Uses:
- Apply topically before and during outdoor activities.
- Use Citronella's bright scent to sweeten a custom fragrance or diffusion blend.
- Apply topically to refresh and moisturise skin.
- Use as an alternative to deodorant, or to create your own DIY deodorant. Combine with Melaleuca Alternifolia, known as Tea Tree essential oil for added strength.
- Use in a DIY floating candle bowl to create a peaceful ambience and pleasant aroma during outdoor parties.